Friday, July 12, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Flowers #2

Hello hello! I've got my second post for Flowers Month for the NCC. Warning: first attempt at one-stroke flowers ahead - please be kind!
If there's one thing I learned during this process, it's that one-stroke nail art is waaaayy harder than it looks. I followed this tutorial from Lucy's Stash, and she makes it look so easy - it wasn't! At least, not for me. 
I plan to practice and get better at it though, because the possibilities are endless! :) I wanted to try poppies for my first try.
EDIT: Here is the photo from Lucy's Stash that initially inspired me:

I did some searching on her site, and was so happy to find that tutorial. And here is my attempt!

For this look, I used SOPI Is it Payday Yet? One of my new favorite greens!! I got it during the 50% off sale, and I'm SO happy I did. The black and red are acrylic paints I picked up from Walmart. The white dots are Sinful Snow Me White. I finished off with a coat of Seche Vite.





So what do you think? Not the absolute worst for a first time, right!? (Humor me lol) I'm excited to try again with more colors and now that I've gotten the hang of the technique a bit more!

<3 Kelly

8 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3