Thursday, October 30, 2014

Different Dimension: Spooky Spooky collection swatches

Hey guys! I'm so excited to share this post with you today, I really did not think I was gonna make it before Halloween! I've been so off with this new work schedule, I haven't had tons of time for swatching, but I made it. Different Dimension's Spooky Spooky collection was THE one Halloween collex I knew I needed this year, because I literally loved every single shade in the collection. There were a couple collections that I would have been happy to have, but money was tight this year, so I had to limit myself. After seeing swatches, it was not hard to choose this as the one I needed!

Before I show you the swatches, I wanna say that this was my first experience with Different Dimension, and it really was a great one. I was really excited to hear about her a couple years ago because she is based out of a city super close to the town I grew up in, and I was like whoa! Indie polishes can happen back home?! Cause it seems like nothing good or interesting ever happens there, haha. Point being, I had built up trying Different Dimension for a long time and I'm so glad I finally did. These all really exceeded my expectations. Formulas were great and the color combinations are unique and inspired. So, without further ado....

I'm going to start off with Werewolves of London. This is a stunning pumpkin orange holographic, so beyond perfect for Halloween! I used three coats plus topcoat for these photos.

Natural sunlight
Lightbox
Flash
Next, I have Thriller. This is a really fun, unique shade. You almost wouldn't think Halloween if this one stood alone, but along with the others, it is a great addition to a Halloween collection! Thriller is a purple jelly with red/pink microshimmer and micro flakies. I got so many compliments on this. These photos show 3 coats with topcoat. I thought it would be much sheerer than it actually was :)

Lightbox
Lightbox
Indirect natural sunlight
Flash
Next up is Ghostbusters - this one actually glows in the dark! Super cool. It's a sort of peachy toned orange with translucent iridescent glitters. I used 3 coats plus topcoat for these photos.

Lightbox
Lightbox
Flash
I'm not the greatest at capturing GITD polishes, but I had to give it a shot. I'm kinda disappointed in how these came out, this was glowing so brightly in person! I've gotta work on my technique. Anyway, here is my attempt to capture this gorgeous neon orange glow. :)

Dark, iPhone photo, charged with LED lightbulb
This next polish is called Dragula. It is an amazingly Halloweeny microglitter in black and orange, and I swear green, but I could be crazy. When looking at the bottle, I originally thought the microglitters were in a clear base, but they are actually in an orange jelly base! So, this polish can easily be layered to opacity without undies. It's meant to be a texture, but I wore it with topcoat because I prefer a shiny finish. This is about 3 thick coats of Dragula, 1 coat of Gelish, and 1 coat of HK Girl.
Lightbox
Lightbox
Flash
Next up is Monster Mash. This is a awesome glitter topper full of orange,white and black dots in various sizes, orange and black triangles, black and white stars, and a holographic microshimmer! This topper screams Halloween :] I used two coats over Werewolves of London plus topcoat, for the photos below.

Lightbox
Lightbox
Flash
I found my macro lens that I bought a while back and decided to take a few photos - I love how this glitter mix looks up close! :)

Lightbox
Lightbox
I also tried Monster Mash over Thriller. I like this combination way better! All of the different colors and glitters really pop over Thriller. It's a great contrast, and it really is the perfect Halloween mani, with next to no effort. This is 2 coats of Monster Mash over Thriller, with topcoat.

Lightbox
Lightbox
And, a macro shot! I loved this combination so much. I think this will be my official Halloween mani - even though I'm not doing anything except working. Why not be festive? :D

Lightbox
Overall, I think Different Dimension really hit it out of the park for Halloween. This set could not be more perfect! There is something for everyone: a holographic, a jelly/shimmer, a glitter topper, a glow in the dark, and a microglitter/texture! It's a really well-rounded collection and I'm so glad I got it. Any one of these would make for a perfect, super simple Halloween look. As I've said, formulas were all great - no issues to report. Also, when you buy the entire set, you save a bit and it ends up being a really great deal! Right now it's on sale for $41.50, making the polishes $8.30 a piece. I know it's too late for Halloween now, but it could never hurt to have for next year! :)

Did you pick up this set? Which ones are your favorites? I'd love to hear. Thanks for looking! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3