Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Stripes #2

Hi everyone!! I hope you're having a great week. I'm in a great mood today because we had our engagement photos done yesterday and it was such a blast!! Plus, I'm a very anxious person so I had been worrying about it, so now that it's done, I can breathe a sigh of relief and just wait now for the final photos to come back. :)

Now, onto the nail art! This is my second striped look for this month's NCC theme and I really loved how this turned out.

I started with a base of two colors I received in the free Julep Halloween intro box, Tatiana and Queen Anne is the accent.


Julep describes Tatiana as a burnt orange microglitter, but I thought I caught glimpses of glass flecks in there too. It had great coverage, shown here is only 2 easy coats. Queen Anne is a pinkish purple microglitter that dries to a textured finish. I added a coat of Gelous and then Seche Vite to add shine since the texture wouldn't have meshed well with the final look I was going for.


After the topcoat was fully dried (in fact, I wore this for a full day because I liked it that much!) I applied striping tape in different directions and I painted over it with the other polish that came in this box, Jet. I peeled off the tape while the black polish was still wet, let that dry a bit and then added Seche Vite topcoat.


I thought this look turned out really pretty, and perfect for Halloween! They remind me witches' tights. :)


I got this Julep box for free, I saw the offer on a freebie website and figured I'd try it even though I've subscribed to Julep once before. I think because I've moved since my last subscription, it worked and I got this box free! :) It included all the polishes that I've used here (except the topcoat) as well as a gel eyeliner, which I haven't gotten the chance to try yet. I still don't know if I'd subscribe again to Julep, I just don't know if the products you receive are quite worth the price, but this box was a real winner in my opinion! I love all of the shades, especially Tatiana!


Thanks for looking! And don't forget to check out the other blogger's Week 2 posts!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty stripes! The black goes so well with both the colors. Love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both polishes are very pretty but the nail art is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3