Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Stripes #1 (Pink Chevron design)

Good morning loves! Hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday! The headache I've had since last Friday has momentarily subsided a bit, so I'm hoping it stays away.

Last month, I purchased the Julie G Cruise collection when the entire set was on Groupon for I think 13.99? I can't remember exactly, but it was a great deal, so I had to get the collection! :)

I had my eye on Old San Juan for a nail art look, and I had seen this design on Pinterest that I wanted to recreate, so this is what I came up with! :) Chevrons count as stripes right?


I started with a base of Old San Juan, except on my ring finger, I started with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. I then taped off parts of the nail using striping tape as well as regular scotch tape. After painting over the tape with the other colors (I used Sinful Colors Black on Black), I peeled the tape off while the polish was still wet. I used HK Girl to top it all off! :)


Overall, I was a little disappointed with my execution of this look, some of the lines didn't end up being as clean as I would have liked, but from far away, it looks good, haha! :) You have to be really quick removing all that striping tape, because if the polish starts to dry, it can get a little goopy and then it doesn't pull off in such crisp lines.


I really love Julie G Old San Juan, it's such a pretty shade of coral/pink/red. I know the colors make it look like summer, but I thought the design of the stripes makes it look sort of like a feather or a leaf, which reminds me of autumn. Here's a shot with flash that really makes the colors pop - you can really see how striking the contrast is here. 


Overall, I really liked this look, though I think the lines could have been crisper. I guess that just means I need more practice with striping tape! :) Good thing this whole month's theme is stripes! I'll get plenty of practice. :)

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out the other ladies' creations! <3

Kelly


3 comments:

  1. Fun chevron design here. I like that you went with three different color for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination and a fantastic final effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the turn you took with the stripes theme. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3