Friday, October 31, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Stripes #4 (Halloween)

Phew! I am really cutting it close on this one guys!! I did my fourth and final striped mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative a few days ago, but then it was a matter of waiting for sun, and taking the pics, and editing the pics, etc etc etc. BUT, it finally got done today just under the wire!

So, I bring you my last striped mani for October - and it's Halloween themed of course!


When I was trying to come up with my last mani, I knew I wanted it to be Halloweenish in some way, and then this one just popped into my head. I did a double striped tip a while back with a Cult Cosmetics kit I got, and I really loved the simple yet clean look of it. So, I opted to try it again with Halloween colors!


I've been loving Different Dimension's Spooky Spooky collection lately, so naturally I reached for Werewolves of London for the orange base. And I wanted to keep the holo theme going, so I went for Digital Nails Pandorica as the accent. These are both stunning polishes - and they are both the only holographic I have in that color, so it was a perfect match. :)

I didn't really think it through all the way though, because both of these polishes are on the sheer side, so doing the stripes was a bit tough. After the base had dried, I applied the tape, and I had to do about 3 coats (2 thicker coats) of polish to really cover up the layer underneath. Of course that meant that when I pulled the striping tape off, some of the first layer had dried some, so my lines aren't the cleanest. But I still love how it came out regardless! I used Seche Vite for topcoat.


I was so glad the sun peeked out even for a moment yesterday so I could capture a couple shots of the amazing holo in both polishes. It's so simple, but still SPARKLES!! :D I also got a shot with the flash just in case the sun decided not to show...


I'm a little sad Halloween is over. I had so many more cool nail ideas but I just didn't get time! This has been a super busy months for me, and a lot of transitions. I hope to get back into nail art more as things quiet down.

What did you think of this mani? I'd love to hear below! And don't forget to look at everyone else's final creations for Stripes month!

<3
Kelly


1 comment:

  1. Nice stripes on the tips here! I like that you reversed the colors on the ring nail too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3