Friday, May 29, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Spring Flowers #4 (Lollipop Flowers)

Hi everyone, happy Friday!! So excited for the weekend to just relax and work on some nail art ideas. :)

Today, I have my final Spring Flowers look for this month's NCC theme. These didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I still think they're cute - I've decided to call them Lollipop Flowers. 


I started with a base of Pahlish Fleur de Sel - I absolutely love this polish!
Here is the description straight from Pahlish:

"This polish was inspired by raw unrefined pink salt. We've recently been reading a book about the history of salt here at Pahlish and have been fascinated by what we've learned. This Pahlish is a mix of various flakes intended to mimic the crystalline structure of salt!
It is a blush white jelly with a mix of microflakes in red metallic, shimmering white, and iridescent violet."

I think this is one of my favorites from Pahlish, which is saying something. It's so soft and pretty, and I don't own anything like it! So, I knew I wanted to use that one as a base and from there, I didn't really have a plan for what I was doing, aside from "spring flowers."

I grabbed a few of my Mentality Neon holos: Bolt, Scandal, and Startle, and I plopped some vaguely circular shapes down and then outlined little swirls in them using my white Stripe Rite brush. I drew on the stems using Mentality Shock. I topped it all off with my beloved HK Girl! :)


I call these lollipop flowers because they look like lollipops lol but I think what I was ultimately going for was a kind of abstract look that was bright and fun for spring! I think that comes across. I love these Neon Holos, they are so versatile!


Thanks everyone for checking out my floral looks. Next month's theme is Super Heroes and I can't wait! I've got some great ideas already :)

Be sure to check out everyone's final Spring Flowers mani! <3
Kelly


1 comment:

  1. That white crelly is lovely and really makes the flowers pop.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3