Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 14: Swimsuit

The challenge is winding down! Today I have for you: Swimsuits! My original thought at the beginning of this challenge was to do a different patterned swimsuit on each nail, but as the challenge has gone on, I've really started to value simplicity! For both practical and aesthetic reasons. So, the first thing that came to mind for me was.....
"It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini!" When discussing this song/challenge with my boyfriend, we both realized the song is not clear whether it's a yellow bikini with polka dots or a bikini with yellow polka dots. Oh, English. Anyways, I've always picture it as yellow with bright pink polka dots. Here's my interpretation!


I could not get these colors to photograph properly - this was the closet I got and this was using my phone! The pink is a BRIGHT neon over white and it's much brighter in real life. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow for the "bikini" and Sinful 24/7 for the polka dots. I like how this turned out - very bright and summery! Hope everyone has a great Friday :]

Kelly


2 comments:

  1. this is really cute, simplicity is always a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I had thought about this song for my fav summer song but wasn't sure if they dots or background were yellow so I was going to do it for this day's challenge. That's so funny we thought of the same thing. And the song isn't clear at all ...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3