Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 16: Recreate Your Favorite Mani

Well, everyone, the Summer Challenge has come to an end after today. I had so much fun with it and I'm so glad I decided to take part. I was able to come in contact with so many great bloggers and I think my nail art has improved from pushing myself often! :] So with that, I present my final mani and it was inspired by the Dragonfruit design done by Kaki @ Glitter Obsession!


Overall, I am not super excited about how it turned out but it is definitely a design that made me push myself and I want to try it again sometime when I get better at nail art! The frame mani is really hard!! I tried messing with the tops of the frame near the cuticle while I was at work to try to even them out, but I only ended up making them worse! I do like the colors though, and I got a lot of compliments at work even if most people didn't know which fruit it was! :] I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the base, Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Sonic Bloom for the frame, and for the "seeds" I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement. So that's all for the Summer Challenge, I am headed off to work, but check out what some of the other girls have created!

Kelly



9 comments:

  1. I always want to do a dragon fruit mani this is so cute, dragon fruit looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so flattered you picked one of mine - and I agree that frame mani is a beast! I had a hard time with it too. I hope to come back to it. I think maybe doing the frame color first, then "coloring in" the inside? I know with cartoons its easier to do the black shape then fill in the colors and leave a tiny bit of black showing the outline, because it's next to impossible to outline everything. If you find something that works, let me know. Great job though! I like yours much better than mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I will have to try that technique next time. I was worried it would be even MORE difficult to try coloring it in, but after doing it I'm not so sure! :] I will try this again for sure.

      Delete
  3. It looks great! It literally Looks Like Kaki's Manicure on your hands!! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Positive comments always help haha because I'm much harder on myself than others are :}

      Delete
  4. Awesome job Kelly!
    I love this design too, so creative and original...and most important, really PRETTY <333

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one of my absolute favorites as well! But I couldn't recreate it, no matter how hard I tried :D I failed completely, so I really admire you for doing such an awesome job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm sure your "failure" was still awesome considering how great your manis always look haha! I appreciate the comment :D

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3