Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 15: Ocean/sea

I didn't have to think too hard on this one so I'll just get on with it - here is my ocean/sea inspired mani for Day 15 of the Summer Challenge!


This picture was taken at night using my boyfriend's super cool DSLR so it was really well defined, etc but something about the color left me unsatisfied. SO I took another one the next day in the natural light that captured the true colors better (below).


My inspiration for most of the nails, was mermaids, ocean water, stuff like that. I tried for a glitter gradient, but didn't turn out as great as I wanted. I used Sinful Colors Savage for the main color (which is has a really cool matte finish and I don't know why - I've never run into another Sinful that was like that, but I LOVE it) and then Sinful Nail Junkie for the glitter/scales/etc. Then I *attempted* a wave accent nail,  inspired by Kaki @ Glitter Obsession. I used Milani Sail Away as a base, then alternated sponging more of that on top of Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint, and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. I didn't use topcoat on this mani because I loved all the different textures! :]

Kelly


7 comments:

  1. you did great! i'm sure Kaki would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so! I would be nowhere without all you other bloggers inspiring me all the time :]

      Delete
  2. I love it Kelly! I really love the wave on your ring finger it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, your wave looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!
    Color is perfect, it really looks like "real" sea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect choice of colors and I love the accent !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3