Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 2: Picnic!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying this gorgeous weather :D Today I have my interpretation on picnic nails! This theme was a little tough for me and I felt that overall they are not bad, though they could have turned out better! PLEASE ignore my awful, awful cuticles. This is before I got a chance to really clean up the mani, because I wanted to take advantage of the sunlight. And here they are:




So, for my thumb I did my best picnic blanket with ants on it. I wish I didn't add their feelers because they looked better before, but I still like them! Then on my index finger, that's my take on lemonade.  My middle finger is supposed to be a picnic basket texture, but it didn't go so well. I guess this is one way to find out I don't own a single flat tan or taupe color! Definitely added to my list of need-to-buy-colors. Then I did a watermelon for my ring finger, and on my pinkie, that's a grill spatula, haha! I was going to do another food, like fried chicken or a hamburger, but it was just too hard! I wanted to add the matte topcoat for a different-looking finish, but today (after 1 day of wear) I learned why I swear by Seche Vite. The lemonade, watermelon and the spatula nails have all chipped significantly. Oh well, you live and  you learn! I can't wait to go check out what the other bloggers have done for today - this manicure was a tough one for me!
Everyone have a great 4th of July!!!

Kelly


4 comments:

  1. Love the ants! :D Love all the different ideas for this mani, you added everything a good picnic needs ...well, except for ants ...nobody needs ants =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So many good ideas here, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super adorable! I really like the way you added different aspects of a picnic !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ants!! and the basket!! I love both of these...<3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3