Tuesday, August 5, 2014

KB Shimmer: Make My Gray

Hi everyone! Today I've got a quick swatch post to share with you. This polish is probably one of my all-time favorites ever - Make my Gray from KB Shimmer!


KB Shimmer puts out some crazy unique glitter/base combinations, and this is no exception! KB Shimmer describes this one as follows: 
"A pale shade of gray sets off glitters in turquoise, gunmetal, pale aqua and coral. Wear alone in 3 coats, or layer this over a grey like My Life’s Porpoise for a unique spring manicure."


These photos show 3 coats of Make my Gray with Seche Vite topcoat. I had no trouble at all building this one up, and I like the depth it shows that way. However, to conserve polish, I'm sure one coat over gray would be gorgeous too, like KB Shimmer suggested on their site. I experienced no trouble with application, despite how packed with glitter it is. Everything distributed evenly - what you see here is how it went on the nail with normal brushstrokes.



Make my Gray retails for 8.75 and it can be purchased now from the KB Shimmer website. While you're there, be sure to check out not only their stunning polish line, but their new nail vinyls, hand care selection, and bath and body products!
Also, follow KB Shimmer on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up to date on new collections!

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. What a nice crelly! Its packed with the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nail polish!! love the coral details on it ^^

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Oh! There is a Back to School giveaway over at my blog ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3