Saturday, August 9, 2014

Toothless nails

So, those of you that have been following me for a while may know that I have a cat named Trixie that I'm head over heels in love with. I got her when I first moved to Dayton, didn't know anyone and was feeling exceptionally lonely. And I originally went to the PetSmart to adopt a different cat, but when I held him, he just sat there like a bump on a log. Then I saw his cage-mate running around through poop and bullying the other kittens. The store clerk said, "That one's a trouble maker." I said well, let me just hold her, just to see. And the second I picked her up, she started mega-purring, rubbing her face on me and let's just say my decision was made.

Please bear with me for some Trixie spam - I promise this relates back to the post, haha.




The first time I watched How to Train Your Dragon (yes, the cartoon), I cried so hard it was absurd. For a while, I couldn't figure out why, until I realized that Toothless, the main dragon, reminded me SO much of my cat Trixie! I love the movie and recently saw the second one, and I got inspired to do a Toothless nail art!

I mostly used these two photos for inspiration:



And now...the mani I created!


This mani didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped, but I still really love it. I was hoping for a stronger contrast of the scales against the black, but it turned out pretty subtle. And, it was hard to fit his whole head on one finger lol! This was a tough one. But I definitely wanted to incorporate his little pirate flag tail, and I like how that turned out! I used mostly Sinful Colors: Snow Me White, Black on Black, and a red Sinful striper. I used China Glaze Stone Cold for the scales and a combination of Sally Hansen Limestone and Wet n Wild Fergie in Glowstick for the eyes. Seche Vite topcoat. :)



So, did you stick with me the whole time?? I know, this was a wordier post than normal and included some NPR stuff...but isn't my baby adorable?! When she lays down and looks at me upside down, she has two vampire fangs that poke out and she looks so much like Toothless! And, she even leaves her tongue sticking out sometimes which is just too cute.
Anyway, I hope you liked the mani - I'd love to hear your thoughts below! :)

<3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3