Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Unboxing: Sunny's Body Products Summer Exclusive Box!!

Hi lovelies!! I know it's kind of late for a post but I just couldn't wait to share this unboxing with you all!! I feel like I've been waiting for this box for ages - mainly because it's epic and I'm impatient. Also because my mailman is a jerk and left a NOTE yesterday instead of my box - BOO!


These new exclusive seasonal boxes from Sunny's Body Products (AKA 365 Days of Color) are an amazing value, and who am I kidding?! The scents are exclusive to these boxes, so I couldn't resist picking up a box. These scents will never be available again! :o I love tropical and fruity scents too, so I knew the summer box would be perfect.

The packaging itself was adorable - even the tape!


Here's what I saw when I first opened up the box!


My mail inspectors were very suspicious about this lei.....in fact, Trixie said it was crucial that she TASTE it before I go on. She determined it tasted pretty good, so good in fact, I had to pry it away from her...


...only to have Cleo move in to give it a taste. My cats are weird. Regardless, she gave it her seal of approval too.

Here is everything with all the packaging, tape, etc removed. Just look at all this!! It felt like Christmas! :)


First up is the miracle balm in Beach Bum. Just look at the size of this thing! As Polishaholic has done in her review here, I've set the Beach Bum balm next to a sample size miracle balm - it's huge!I've never made it through one of my sample pots, so I think this one will last me my entire life - which I'm definitely okay with. This scent reminds me of the old fashioned, goopy sunscreen my mom slathered on me as a kid. It's lovely! Makes me feel all nostalgic. :) Sunny's balm is heaven - I have several in my nightstand drawer that I rotate between and put on before bed every night.


Next up is Sunny's hand cream in Sun & Sand. This scent is very light and airy and smells like the beach. It's hard to describe. But I like that it smells very clean and it's not too overpowering. The hand cream is a bit too greasy for use during the day, at least for my skin - I prefer to use it at night before bed and wear my cotton gloves to sleep in - I wake up with ridiculously soft hands! I use Sunny's hand cream in the winter when my skin is REALLY dry and needs an extra dose of moisture.


Now for Sunny's Hand Sugar Scrub in Paradise Reef. Sunny's sugar scrub is an amazing product. I use it to get rid of any dry or rough patches on my skin. It leaves my hands feeling moisturized but not overly so. Paradise Reef is another that's hard to describe! It reminds me of ocean and has a bit of a 'clean man' aroma to it haha! It reminds me of the soap my fiance uses a bit. Another very clean, fresh scent that definitely says summer.


I've only very recently experienced Sunny's Intensive Cuticle Therapy. I bought a sampler recently and I've been very impressed so far. I apply the intensive oil when I'm just sitting around watching TV and I let it soak into my cuticles and rub it into my nail beds. I honestly think it's helping - I haven't noticed my nails cracking or peeling like they used to. Seaside is a sweet, airy scent that reminds me of cotton candy or other summer confections. And of course, it stirs images of the beach as all these products do! Again, have a look at the size of this bottle compared to the sample size. I can't imagine myself ever using all this up! :)


Next up is the cuticle oil, which I think I would say is my favorite of all of Sunny's products (so far)! I use the cuticle oil literally every single time I take nail photos, and randomly throughout the day as well. I have a couple in my desk at work, some in my purse, some in my nightstand...and all over my house lol. I love that it absorbs quickly, leaving dry cuticles quenched with no trace of greasiness at all. This is another monstrous sized product, and I am not complaining in the least! Here it is next to a sampler sized bottle. Hawaiian Suntan is another amazing scent. I'm getting traces of coconut, tropical aromas and something like tanning oil, and it makes me think of drinking tropical drinks with my toes in the sand. Sigh...I'm not ready for summer to be over.


Last, but certainly not least - Sunny's newest product - her Lip Saver in Tequila Sunrise. This was probably what I was most exciting to try out, not only because it's a new product, but Tequila Sunrise is my favorite cocktail. Gosh, it's been too long since I've had one - better put orange juice on my grocery list!


This Lip Saver FAR exceeded my expectations!!! The scent is to die for, and my lips felt SO moisturized. I put it on as soon as I opened the box, at about 5pm, and I could still feel it on my lips even after I ATE DINNER hours later - what?! (Side note: Lasagna and Tequila Sunrise together, not the best mix...) My lips felt so smooth and I could still smell/taste the fruitiness. That's a success to me. I can't wait to try more flavors in Sunny's Lip Saver. Next is a larger photo in case anyone is curious about the ingredients. 


If you missed out on this box, I'm sorry for you! It is truly amazing, I'm so glad I got it. I love all the scents, and the amount of product is such a great value for the price. But, if you did miss out, you don't have to be sad for too long.....check out what's coming next!


I happen to have had a look at the scent descriptions and I'm beyond anxious for this to come out. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday and I am such a sucker for anything Halloween related, so I pretty much knew I would get this box, but when I read the descriptions, my head nearly exploded! I'm most excited for Poison Pie, Bite Me, and Kiss of Death! I can't wait! Be sure to follow 365 Days of Color on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to keep up to date on new products, new scents, and launch dates!

Did you get your hands - aha, see what I did there!? - on this box? Which scent is your favorite? Which of these is your favorite go-to product of Sunny's? I'd love to hear below. <3

Thanks for looking,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Great post, I cannot WAIT for the Halloween box!!! (And LOL @ Lasagna and Tequila Sunrise... thanks for the tip!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer box! Love the cute packaging too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I have to mention that you have two lovely cats!
    The products seems to be great ones and I like with how much care they were wrapped!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3