Saturday, April 20, 2013

1 Year Blogiversary - and Hard Candy Layering

Hey all, Happy Saturday!! And Happy 1 Year Blogiversary to me!! 
It's hard to believe it's been a year since I made this blog and made my first post, and it's even harder to believe when I look back and see how far I've come! Some of my earliest posts just make me shudder, lol. I want to thank all of you for your support, and especially for those of you that have stuck around since the beginning! I love you all :)

Anyway, I've been totally MIA lately because of this move that has pretty much consumed my life, but I promise that I will be back to regular posting very soon. For now, I've got a pretty mani from the vault to share with you, because I couldn't announce my Blogiversary without showing you some nails, right!?



As soon as my Walmart got the Hard Candy display, I snatched up a ton of them (I spent $100!) and this was one of the first combinations I tried. This is Crush on Ivy topped with Black Tie Optional. 


It seems like a lot of brands have hopped on the black and white glitter/Connect the Dots/Sticks and Stones train. I really like this version though. Even with the bars, it was really manageable, and I just LOVE the look of it. I still think I like Ninja Polish Sticks and Stones better, just because of the little holo microshimmer it has. But Black Tie Optional is really versatile and would look great over pretty much any color!


Crush on Ivy is really gorgeous, too - I wish I would have snapped a few shots of it on it's own. It is far from a plain old green - you can see in the bottle shots that it's got this golden shimmer that almost gives it a sort of rainbow effect. Hard to describe, but it's gorgeous, trust me!


So what do you think of this mani? I'd love to hear from you!
Also, any thoughts on what I should do for my epic 1 Year Blogiversary, givewaway?! I've got some ideas, but I'd love to hear from readers! What would YOU like to win?? Let me know below!!!

<3 Kelly

8 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! How 'bout some of Hard Candy's new pretties for a giveaway? Love your combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy blogiversary - glad to see you'll be back posting soon. Are you all settled in okay?

    Love the combo, and I really like Black Tie Optional.. it reminds me in the bottle of the L'Oréal one which i think is called Confetti??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael! ALMOST settled in. Boyfriend is away for the weekend, and since he did most of the heavy lifting, I'm doing most of the unpacking/organizing. I should be all finished by the end of the night!! :D Then, once my apartment is decluttered (my OCD has been KILLING me) I can focus on nail art and new posts! And Pokemon nails ugh I'm so behind lol <3

      Delete
  3. Happy one year~~~ Your blog is awesome, keep it up qurll <3 And love this combo btw!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3