Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Pastels #4

*Everything featured in this post was purchased by me*
Hey guys! I've got my final Pastel mani for the NCC, and this one is my favorite of all! I FINALLY attempted the "braided" look after wanting to try it for what feels like forever. I was searching for inspiration on Google and came across this mani by Neverland Nail Blog, and I knew that was what I wanted to try. But I had some different colors in mind. Check out what I came up with!




I knew the braid was going to be tough, but this was so much harder than I imagined, lol. This took me like an hour just to do 2 nails! I'm sure it will get easier with practice, though. I had a hard time figuring out how to finish it. For some reason, I figured it out on my middle finger, but just could not figure out how to do the end of the ring finger. I stared at it for so long trying to logistically continue the chain...it's so confusing lol!



I loved this mani though! I feel like there are so many different color combinations that would just look great :) I can't wait to try it again in the future.



After a day of wear, I decided to try one of my new glitter mixes I bought from Glitter Mix Boutique. The amazing Amber of My Nail Graffiti and her husband already sold awesome solvent resistant glitters in their shop You Mix, but now they've created an Etsy shop full of pre-mixed glitter combinations that are just out of this world. If you haven't yet, you have GOT to check out Glitter Mix. The glitter I used on my thumb, index, and pinky is called Unicorn. Since it was full of pastel glitters, I felt it was perfect for this mani! I think it looks best over the pastel orange. I added some Fairy Dust to the two braided nails since they looked plain next to the ones I added Unicorn to.


I hope you have enjoyed Pastel Month as much as I did. Next month's theme is stamping, so bear with me - it's not my strong point haha. But I'm excited to push myself and try to get better!

What do you think of this mani? Have you ever tried the braid? Success or fail? I'd love to hear below! <3
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Great manicure! I need to try this out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the color combo. :)

    Oh, and I figured out what is "wrong" on your ring finger. You changed up the pattern at the end. It's base - left - right - left - right - right - left. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAHH thank you so much lol!!! I could not figure it out for the life of me it was like a puzzle haha! I will get it right next time :D

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3