Monday, April 22, 2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Pastels #2

Oh my gosh...could it be?! A real post!? Lol, yes, I'm back and I'm so happy to be posting again! I have so much I want to share with you all in the near future. Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been painting ;)
Today I have the first of three catch-up posts I need to do for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. April is Pastels Month, so with that in mind, I decided I wanted to do something soft and girly...with flowers!


This isn't something I'd normally wear, but I like trying something different every now and again. I used China Glaze Go Go Pink as a base, and dotted on the flowers using Sinful Colors Unicorn, Candy Coated, and Rimmel Mintilicious. To add a little extra sparkle, I added a coat of Fairy Dust on the accents!





All in all, I really like this mani! Something different is always refreshing :) I've come to realize while doing this challenge, that I really don't use pastels very much, probably because they are not my favorite - I'm more a fan of dark or bright colors. But, it's allowed me to push myself to try new things which is nice!
What do you think of this mani? Is it something you'd wear for Spring? I'd love to hear below. <3

Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3