Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vivid Lacquer Spaaace! Plus: a topcoat lesson.

Hey everyone! I am in a wonderful mood today because the weather is beautiful in Ohio and it's got me in high spirits! Plus, I'm totally avoiding the fact that I have to pack and move my entire life in less than 6 days - yay for procrastination, and denial! :) I hope you all are having a lovely day as well, and I wanted to share these photos that have been in the vault for a while. This is the beautiful Spaaace! by Vivid Lacquer!


Spaaace is a deep royal blue jelly full of all sorts of glitters in hexes and shreds. The jelly base of this polish builds up to opacity beautifully, and the best part is that it builds depth with some of the glitter pieces being more visible than others, creating what looks to me like a galaxy mani in a bottle! So, for those of you that love the look of galaxy manis but just can't seem to get it right, this polish is for you.


Now I'm sure by now you've noticed the somewhat wrinkly look of this mani. Let me be clear: this is NOT the fault of the polish. I don't know why I do this, but every so often, I decide to stray from my quick dry polishes: Seche Vite, Poshe, and HK Girl. Maybe I decide to give them another chance, I don't know - but every time it's a mistake! I had a lot of time to let this dry so I decided to try using the Ulta brand top coat and I let it sit for about 10 minutes before I moved - and it still wasn't dry! Not only that, but it left this wrinkled looking finish, almost as if I went to bed with the wet nails and they got sheet imprints. Anyway, I tried to cover it with a coat of SV but the damage was done. So, please try to ignore the dumb wrinkles and focus on the beauty of this polish! Lesson learned: stick to what works! 







Overall, I LOVE this polish! It retails for $9, which is very reasonable in the indie world. I had no issues with application, not even with the shreds, which can be temperamental sometimes. These swatches show 3 easy coats, and though I guess you can sort of see VNL in these photos, it wasn't visible in real life. Or, you could always layer this polish over a deep blue or a black and you'd have an awesome look in just one coat. I think the depth that the jelly base brings to the polish really makes it, though.

You can check out Vivid Lacquer at the links below. She's got some awesome polishes in stock right now. Theoretical Rainbow is calling my name...
Be sure to follow her on Facebook to get updates on her restock dates!
Vivid Lacquer on Etsy
Vivid Lacquer on Facebook

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3