Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative Anniversary - Pastels!

Hey everyone!
SO sorry I have been so MIA. As I explained on my Facebook, I've been really sick, not to mention we are moving to a bigger apartment so everything is kind of a mess right about now. Posting might be a bit scarce next week as well since our actual move-in day is Monday and we'll be unpacking for a while. The good news? I get a nail room finally!!! Well, it's going to be a shared office between me and the boyfriend so I can do my nail stuff and he can do his photography stuff, but it totally counts. I'm so excited to have a designated space instead of just taking over our living room.

Anyway, back to the point! Today (a day late) I've got my pastel mani to celebrate the Nail Challenge Collaborative's 1 year anniversary! I wasn't a member for the entire year, but I've done two challenges with them and I've had so much fun. I'm so glad to be part of such an amazing group.

For my pastel mani, I had this image in my head of a sort of pastel watercolor look. It kinda sorta came out like I envisioned.


Sorry about the awful state of my cuticles! I've been neglecting them. I started with a base coat of white and did some sponging using the Sinful spring pastels, plus Olympia (one of my favorite greens from Sinful).



Overall, I really like these!! They ended up looking more neon than pastel, in my opinion, but they're really bright and fun! With the warm weather we've been having, I felt they were very appropriate. :)
What do you think? Be sure to check out everyone else's, too - I saw some AMAZING manis in the album! Our group is a talented one <3

1 comment:

  1. I likes! You reminded me that I keep meaning to do the "watercolour" technique, where you use acetone to clear splotches.
    These are definitely spring-worthy! I can't wait to see what else you come up with and good luck with the move! Feel better soon too! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3