Monday, April 8, 2013

Wine Nails for the Glass City Wine Festival

Hey there! A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to attend the Glass City Wine Festival in Toledo, Ohio, courtesy of my boyfriend's wonderful parents! I'm a huge fan of wine so I was beyond excited to go sample all these wines. I ended up spending way too much money but it was so worth it. I tasted some of the most amazing wines I've ever had at this festival!
You know I did my nails for the occasion! I wanted to do a simple wine colored polish but then I decided to do a little accent of grapes. I used Zoya Aurora for most of the nails, which is a gorgeous berry with a scattered holo effect. For my accent nails I used a base of Milani White on the Spot, then I dotted on grapes with several different purples and added a wine glass using Essie It's Genius and a black striper. 




This was like, two manis before my pinky nail betrayed me and broke clean off - man, I really miss these long talons! I've got nubs now and I hate 'em. But I LOVED this design! I felt classy as I sipped all my wine samples! Both hands were painted the same (which never happens) but I felt like matching for this festival. It was so much fun, and I would definitely do it again. I highly recommend events like this for those of you who are wine connoisseurs like me!!

So what do you think of these nails? Do they properly convey my wine festival excitement!? I loved them. Almost as much as the wine. ALMOST. <3

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome mani...I love it! It certainly is perfect for a wine festival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe these are really cute! Perfect for a wine festival! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3