Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lucky 13 Lacquer: Butterfly Project

Good morning lovelies! I have a long overdue swatch post for you today. This is one of the tons of beauties created by Kyoti Jess of Lucky 13 Lacquer, but this one is special. I could paraphrase, but Jess does a way better job of explaining what this polish is really about, and she very bravely shares her own story. Click here to read about The Butterfly Project. The important thing you need to know is that this is a charity polish, and it is for a very, very great cause. This is the first polish I think I've seen that is called a Pay What You Can polish (you can pay anywhere between $2-$20). I paid the recommended $10 for it, but those who pay more, offset the cost of those who can't afford much - how wonderful is that?! Even better, if you ask her to, Jess will make up a cute and whimsical name, just for your polish! My butterfly is Lady Buttercup <3


Butterfly Project is a gorgeous purple creme base with rainbow colored glitters and holographic butterflies!


There is nothing I don't love about this polish. Right now to the adorable stickers on the bottle, this is perfection in every way! I used three coats for the swatches below and topped with Seche Vite. Everything felt completely smooth, even the butterflies.




What can I say, I am in LOVE with this polish and the idea behind it. I already loved Lucky 13, but this just confirmed it. I definitely think if you or someone you know has ever struggled with self-harm, this is the perfect little treasure. It can be used as an alternative - paint your nails with little butterflies instead! I absolutely adore the idea - sometimes, that's all it takes is something little to take your mind off whatever it is that you are going through. You can pick up Butterfly Project here, and Jess has informed me that this is going to be part of her permanent line - which I am so glad to hear!
And, be sure to check out the rest of the Lucky 13 line - they are awesome and many are inspired by nerdy things - what could be better!?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one! Let me know below <3
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. What a cute polish! Love the butterfly glitters in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! Nunca habia visto una mariposa en el top coat!! me gusta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a *huge* fan of Lucky 13, and this is just one more reason <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3