Saturday, January 25, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Inspired by A Tutorial #3 (Owls)

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend. I've been catching up on some swatching and working on a look for Nail Art Society, so check back soon for that. :)
Today, I have another mani inspired by a Chalkboard Nails tutorial. This time, it's Valentine's Owls!

And here are mine:


I used Zoya Kristen for the base. It's such a soft, pretty color. I got it during their recent sale! After that, I used Sally Hansen Presto Pink and Speedy Sunburst for the owl bodies, legs and wings, Sally Hansen Lightening for the eyes and beak, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic for the branch. Topped off with Seche Vite topcoat!



These adorable owls were super easy to recreate using Sarah's tutorial! I opted not to put the hearts on their bellies because I realized too late that I didn't leave enough room, but I thought they were cute anyway. What do you think? I'd love to hear below! <3

Kelly

3 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3