Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Inspired by a Tutorial #2 (Bows)

Hey guys! Today's mani was inspired by the amazing Alice over at One Nail to Rule Them All. Seriously, if you're ever short on inspiration, just check out her blog - she's so creative! She's got some great tutorials as well. I loved her cartoony bows, so that's the tutorial I chose to use for today's look.


I did a slightly different color for my bows, and I didn't have Shimmer Kim, so I used Bernice. I started with 3 thin coats of Bernice and then painted the bows in China Glaze Four Leaf Clover. I topcoated over the bows to try to prevent the dots from yellowing but as you can see, it didn't really work. :/ I'm not sure why that happened! It seemed like the when I dotted on the white over the green, it pulled up some of the yellow out of the green. Then, I outlined using my Stripe Rite brush in black, and Seche Vite. Honestly, I forgot the little wrinkles in the bow until afterwards, but I still like them!



These were really fun and super easy to create. I opted to use Yellow Stopper base coat underneath, so I could easily pop off this glitter later on. Otherwise, it would have been a nightmare to remove! I really liked how these turned out. I might try this again, using Shimmer Kim and adding pink or orange bows. It's really a versatile look that can work in a lot of different colors - I love it. Thanks Alice for the great tutorial!!
What do you guys think of this look? I'd love to hear below <3

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the glitter and the bows on top are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So cute <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3