Monday, January 6, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Inspired by Art #2 (Piet Mondrian)

Hi guys, so sorry this is so late! I promise to get caught back up for January! So, as I've said before, the NCC December's theme was Inspired By Art. I just did some googling around and looked for some genres and I found this cool art by Piet Mondrian. I thought it would make some cool nail art!


I used a base of white (Sinful - Snow Me White) and I colored in the squares from the top down using a striping brush. The red is Sinful - Gogo something...?, the blue is Mentality Ruffian (Gorgeous matte royal blue!), and the yellow is Sally Hansen Lightening. I used my It's So Easy striping brush in black for the lines. Topped with Seche Vite. (I'm out of HK Girl right now!)




I thought this type of art really translated well onto the nail. It's something different and eye-catching.
What do you think? Do you like this look? I'd love to hear below! :)

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. How fun and different! Its a cool piece of artwork to be inspired by :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3