Friday, May 15, 2015

Ipsy Beautifully Bohemian Bag!

Hi lovelies! Today I'm here to share my April Ipsy Glam bag with you! A little late, I know. But that's how I roll haha. 

This month's glam bag is called Beautifully Bohemian, which I LOVE! I tend to gravitate towards the whole boho-chic kind of style, so I was super excited to check out this bag. 


The bag itself is super cute, it's like a straw-ish material in a basket weave pattern with some pops of color! Of course, I adore the little ipsy zipper pull as always. :)


Some snaps of the postcard that came with it. Love love LOVE that hair! That is my ideal hair to a T. :)



Now let's have a look at what is inside! I'll list the brand, name, and description of what it is, and then I'll include the retail price and my thoughts on each item.


Klorane
Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Natural Tint


Description from the Klorane site:

  • For dark shades of hair
  • Cleans hair without water
  • Restores volume
  • Saves time and water
  • Extends the life of blowouts
  • No sulfates, parabens, silicones or sodium chloride

This size bottle is sold as a travel size and 1 oz retails for $9.

My thoughts:
I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of this dry shampoo. It's not the worst I ever tried, but not the best either. If I were to try this on my own, I don't think I would have chosen a tinted one. I followed the instructions, but when I sprayed it own, I noticed it was just extremely white, like I had dumped powder on my head. And it didn't really blend in with time or extra combing it though. I ended up having to wash my hair to just get the white out. It smelled nice but just wasn't worth the hassle of trying to blend it in.

NUDE Dude
Mini Nude Eyeshadow
Fit


Description from the Nude Dude site:
Introducing theBalm's latest addition to the Nude series... Nude Dude! Get a quick look using any combination of these triple-milled shadows or dress up your look by adding water to transform your favorite shades into loyal liners. This total package includes 12 full-bodied shadows that can be worn alone or layered for added intensity, so go ahead and cover (or uncover) your eyes.

The Nude Dude full 12-shade palette (pictured on the left side of the above sample) retails for $36.

My thoughts:
I instantly fell in love with this packaging lol! First of all, how adorable is it that it's like a little book? It has a little magnet in it that holds the flap closed. Then, you open it up to see a naked man with a chest made of eyeshadow - what could be better!? Haha. Anyway, I really love this color eyeshadow! It's a shimmery burnt brown/copper color. I think it's a touch dark for me to wear every day, like to work - but it's perfect for a fun night out or a date night! It went on great, nicely pigmented.

Julie G Nail Polish
Damsel


Description from the Julie G site:
You won't be a damsel in distress with mid-tone pink crème.

Retails for $3.99.

My thoughts:
I like Julie G nail polish, so I was excited to see one in my bag! I feel like I have about a hundred polishes in this shade, though, so it's nothing new. It did come with a $1 off coupon, though, which is nice. That means I can get another shade for just $2.99! :)

Aromachology
Sophisticated & Sensual


Description from the Aromachology site:
Our traditional and feminine Floral is filled with notes that transform into a soft, feminine and flirty scent, just like you. The delicate combination of White Lily and Tuberose with a hint of Grapefruit creates a classic and romantic fragrance.

This is 0.17 fl oz that was included in the Ipsy bag. The standard bottle size for sale is 1.69 fl oz, and it retails for $70.

My thoughts:
I love this perfume!! At first sniff, I thought, yeah, it's okay. But it really grew on me! It's very light and fresh, perfect for spring. But it's also not too sweet, it smells like a grown up. I love it. I could really see myself buying a full size of this once it runs out. :)

Too Faced
Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Melted Peony


Description from the Too Faced site:
Get the staying power of a stain and the intense color of a liquid lipstick in one long-wear formula.

Retails for $21.

My thoughts:
OMG OMG OMG my brain exploded when I opened my bag and saw this!! I'd seen so much other bloggers post about these but I'd never gotten a chance to try them, pretty much solely because of the price. I can honestly say, I was not disappointed. I love the formula of these, I just dabbed it on using the spongey brush it came with, then rubbed it in with my finger. I dabbed off the excess with a paper towel, and it was the perfect pop of color! And it lasted all day too. I put it on in the morning and I only noticed it fading after we ate dinner. I initially thought the light pink was too much for me, too bright, but it ended up being more subtle than I thought it would be, especially when I dabbed the extra off with a paper towel. I'm so so happy this came in my bag and I can't wait to try even more shades of this lipstick!

So, to recap, the monetary values of these samples are as follows:

Klorane: 9.00
Nude Dude: 3.00
Julie G: 3.99 + 1.00 = 4.99
Aromachology: 7.00
Too Faced: 21.00

Total value = 44.99!!!
Seriously, the Too Faced Melted lippie made this bag such a ridiculously amazing value! I am so happy I signed up for the Ipsy Glam Bag!

You should consider signing up too, it's only $10 a month and you get such awesome products. I am loving trying all these new things I had never heard about or some things I had always wanted to try. It's a great way to find new everyday staples for your beauty routine without spending a fortune.

You can click here to sign up for your own Ipsy Glam Bag!! :)

Thanks for reading <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3