Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Vintage" Swatch: Loreal Abrupt

Hi loves! I have a different kind of post for you today. You'll have to let me know if you like this sort of thing, because I have plenty more where this came from!

My mom works at Walmart and when I was growing up she was the manager of the cosmetics department. This meant we got tons of cool samples, nail polish that had some spilled on the bottle so they couldn't sell it, etc. My mom was also very into nail polish! I blame her for my addiction, lol. Anyways, when I first got really into polish, she gave me one of the old spinny displays and a ton of her old nail polish to go with it. 

Every so often, I pull one of those old polishes out and test it out just to see how it is. It's so interesting how much has changed in the polish world, just in the last 15-10 years or so!

Today, the polish I have to share with you is Loreal JetSet in Abrupt!


The label has this one marked as a "Perle" finish, that's part of the reason I wanted to test it out. I thought, what the heck does that mean? Lots of polishes have a "perle" look to them, but you don't mark it on the bottle...turns out I think their perle means suede or matte.


It's tough to tell in these photos, but the first one is without topcoat and the second is with topcoat. You can see the difference if you look closely. It was much more evident in person!

This is 3 coats of Abrupt with no topcoat. Formula was okay, definitely better than I expected after sitting for so many years. It was a touch on the thin/sheer side, but super buildable. No problems to report!


And here it is WITH topcoat. I think I prefer it with. You can really see all the shimmer come through this way. I think this is really a pretty color! It's like a very light periwinkle - it reminds me of fairies. I'm impressed with how unique it is - back then, there wasn't as wide a range of colors as there is now.


I'd love to hear what you think of this polish!

And, let me know if you'd like to see more "vintage" polishes (they're mostly all from the late 80's-90's) from my stash. If there's interest, I would definitely do a weekly series or something like that. I've got tons of these to try and would be happy to share! :)

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Please share... you know the saying oldies but goodies. I'd love to see more. This is a very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pretty color! I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice color. Yes, please share ur vintage polishes w us. I definitely think it's b so cool to see some of the older ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very nice color. Yes, please share ur vintage polishes w us. I definitely think it's b so cool to see some of the older ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice color. Yes, please share ur vintage polishes w us. I definitely think it's b so cool to see some of the older ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3