Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Spring Flowers #1 (Cherry Blossoms)

Hi everyone! Today I have my first Spring Flowers mani for the Nail Challenge Collaborative!

This mani was inspired by Robin Moses, and I followed her tutorial. She makes it look so easy, but it wasn't lol! You can see the tutorial I followed here.


I started with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, then I used a fan brush to brush on a bit of Sinful Shine in Yours Truly. I drew the tree branches on with my Stripe Rite brush in black, then I dotted on Zoya Sooki for the blossoms. I used HK Girl to top it all off! :)


I wish I had a dark brown for the branches, but I realized too late that China Glaze Mahogany Magic (which is like, the only brown I own) was not going to cut it! I used the black and it turned out okay, but dark brown would have made more sense. If anyone has any suggestions for a good dark brown for nail art, I'd appreciate them!



I really loved this look! I feel like it's just right for spring. It didn't turn out totally perfect, but I think it creates a really striking look either way and I got a lot of compliments on it! I love Robin Moses' tutorials, she is truly so talented. :)

Be sure to have a look at the other girls' manis for week 1!

Thanks for reading <3
Kelly


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I need to do a cherry blossom manicure now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design looks really pretty! So perfect for spring/summer :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3