Monday, May 25, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Spring Flowers #2 (Floral V's)

Hi lovelies! I hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day! It's nice to have an extra day off but it's gloomy and rainy here in Ohio. We had planned to try to grill out later so hopefully it clears up.

I'm using this extra time off to get some nail art and editing done, so today I have my next mani for this month's NCC theme - Spring Flowers! As soon as I hear florals, I always go to Wondrously Polished for inspiration. Lindsey is honestly unmatched when it comes to floral nail art. I love her unique and quirky designs! You've gotta go see her original post that I used for inspiration. 


I started with a base of Sinful Colors Rain Storm. I drew my V's on first so I could see where the flowers should go and then after I was done I drew another coat of the white V over top of anywhere the flowers overlapped it. I dotted on the flowers using Zoya Sooki, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, OPI You're Such a Budapest, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Sally Hansen Presto Pink and Sally Hansen Lightening. I topped it all off with HK Girl.


Of course, I don't like my version as much as Lindsey's, but that's to be expected - she's awesome!! But I still really like how this turned out. I thought it was really cute and very springy. Especially that rainy blue with a peek of bright, pretty flowers - that's pretty much how spring is around here anyway.


Thank you for reading, and be sure to check out the other ladies' looks for Week 2! <3


1 comment:

  1. The flowers are such a nice pop of color against this dark blue.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3