Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Spring Flowers #3 (Sunflowers)

Hi everyone! It's back to reality today, unfortunately. :( Those 3 days off went way too fast! At least it will be a short work week now, which is nice.

Today I've got my third Spring Flowers look for the NCC to share with you. I'm really excited about this one! 


Surprise surprise, this one was inspired by Lindsey at Wondrously Polished again! Here is her original post for reference. Mine didn't turn out exactly as I would have liked but I still think it's pretty. As soon as I saw Lindsey's original mani, I thought of Lucky 13 Lacquer Softening the Bad Things, so I used that as a base. I wish I had a Stripe Rite brush in yellow, note to self: I need to pick one up! I had to use one of my brushes with Sally Hansen Lightening and it just didn't make as thin of petals as I wanted. Oh well! I mixed Lightening with China Glaze Life Preserver for the little sunburst inside the flowers, and then I dotted with Life Preserver in the middle. HK Girl to top it all off! :)



I think Softening the Bad Things is a perfect base for these kind of flowers - I love the color combo and the glitters swimming underneath! :)


I'd love to hear your thoughts on this look! And as always, check out what everyone else came up with for Week 3!

Thanks for reading! <3


4 comments:

  1. This design looks so pretty! It's perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That base kicks butt with these flowers! Amazeballs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!! I love Softening The Bad Things!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3