Friday, August 24, 2012

Geek Challenge - Games & Gaming (Sims)

Wow, I really have been slacking on these Geek Challenge nails! I had so many ideas for this week but I have been seriously lazy this week. Here's another game-inspired mani I did the other day. This one is inspired by one of my favorite games since it first came out - THE SIMS!


Not my best work (the small details were harder than I thought!) but not the worst either! I did the main diamond icon on my thumb and the rest are just icons for different things in the game. On my index finger is the fire icon when your Sim sets the food they are cooking on fire - this happens a lot. My middle finger is the icon that shows up when your Sim is hungry. I tried recreating the pacifier that pops up when your Sim family has a baby - I did one for a boy and one for a girl. And then last, just one that I thought was cool looking, is the icon that represents the "Evil" trait in a Sim's personality.

Here's a close up of the diamond icon:


And here's a closer picture of the other four icons:



And that's all I have for today! Sorry this is rushed, but I've got to run to work - don't forget to check out the other ladies doing this challenge :]

Kelly


5 comments:

  1. Instantly recognisable thumb! good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, thank you! It didn't translate as well in pictures, but I attempted the 3D lines in the thumb too with a lighter green!

      Delete
  2. This is a really great nail art! I love that game!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These make me want to go play sims now!! hahaa

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3