Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Geek Nail Challenge - TV #2 (Dexter)

Hello there! Today I'm back with another post for TV Week of the Geek Challenge! This one is inspired by one of the shows I am most addicted to, Dexter. I can't wait for the new season to start!! I was a late bloomer on this one and only got into it last year after multiple friends told me they knew I'd love it (What does that say about me??? I'm hoping they suggested it because of the psychology aspect....) Anyway, without further ado, here are the TWO manis inspired by Dexter! First, I recreated Ice Truck Killer nails by doing a different bright color on each finger like in the show. I had a hard time finding the exact colors on the doll and the bodies without rewatching that season but I finally found a picture online and I think the colors are right now! Here's a shot of the hand in the ice from Dexter:


And here's my version!



I had to do a post holding my hand upright like in the actual show, please ignore my head in the background haha!

And, I also decided to try my hand (hand, get it, ha ha) at the splatter mani that I've seen done by other bloggers before. This was my first attempt, and while I don't hate it, I think it will take some practice to get the splatter right.


I played around with holding the straw at different distances from the nail (Middle finger - closer, ring finger - further away) and well, the difference is obvious. Holding the straw further away creates a better look. Also creates more of a mess!

Anyway, that's it for today, but here's a little preview of what I have in store for tomorrow ;]


Kelly

OH - and PS, I'm up to 21 followers currently (I know, small achievement but it's exciting to me!!) and I'm planning on holding a giveaway when I hit 50! I've got some great ideas in mind, so stay tuned everyone ;]


4 comments:

  1. This looks so cool!! I too am a grad student blogging for the sake of stress relief and it has definitely turned into an addiction. Love your site : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, blogging has really helped me keep my head. Your nails/blog are AWESOME! Following now :]

      Delete
  2. Love Dexter - I remeber that episode too with the fingertips. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3