Monday, August 6, 2012

The Liebster Award!

Hey everyone, yes I'm on vacation but I just had to post about this! I just got word today that I was tagged by another blogger, Arielle at Klutzy Hands, for a Liebster Award, an award for new bloggers just starting out!


In case you are wondering, a Liebster Award is given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, a spread-the -love and get-to-know you campaign. I think this is a great idea, and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

Official Rules!

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.

2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.  




11 Things About Me:

1. I'm currently posting this from a condo in the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida.
2. I love storms and the rain.
3. I have eight tattoos and 21 piercings (mostly in ears, but I fear they are closing up soon) :/
4. I have two cats named Trixie and Cleo that are treated entirely too much like spoiled children.
5. I *almost* have a Master's in Clinical Psychology - but I can't do anything with it!
6. My favorite colors are orange and pink, and have been as long as I can remember.
7. My favorite animals are giraffes and sloths - my friends and I refer to ourselves as sloths and act as such after a night out.
8. My ultimate dream vacation would be to Ireland, since that's where my family originally hails from. Actually we have a family vacation to Ireland in the works for (hopefully) next summer! Ah!!
9. A close second for places I'd like to live would be San Francisco, CA. I fell in love with it when I visited in 2005. The people, the culture, food, scenery, everything - I just felt so at home!
10. I'm a total geek at heart - I love video games, reading, learning about stuff lol. Plus I totally geek out about certain tv shows, anything psychology-related and nail stuff of course!
11. I currently own right around 450 polishes!


My 11 Questions from Arielle:

1. What started your nail polish obsession?
I was in grad school and incredibly stressed with all the work we had to do, so I found myself painting my nails as a "treat" to myself after a really tough study session or paper. It sort of just was downhill from there...

2. What is the manicure you are most proud of and post a picture of it, please.
Hmm, that's tough! I've gotten the most compliments on my galaxy mani, and surprising it was my first attempt and it was all experimenting! I was really happy with the way it turned out.


3. What mythical creature do you most identify with, and why?
Here's another example of my geekiness, the first thing that popped in my mind for this question was a Wood Elf from Skyrim since they are close with animals, haha! I love animals! I'm not that great of an archer, though...

4. What did you want to be when you were kid?
From the time I could write, I wanted to be a writer. I've got notebooks full of really crappy kid stories that had like, three words to a page, haha. I've lost passion for it after writing so many papers during school, but I hope to get back into it.

5.  If you had to give up one of the five senses, which one would you give up and why?
Well, it would never EVER be taste haha I'm too obsessed with food! I suppose hearing, just as process of elimination. It would be awful to not be able to feel, and I'm a very visual person. And, smell goes with taste so I couldn't give that up either!

6. What song would you choose to sing at Karaoke?
Oh, somehow I always end up singing Amy Winehouse - Rehab whenever we get Rock Band out. I don't know why, I just think her voice is my exact range, I just really like singing her songs.

7. If you could jump into a movie or book, where would you go? 
Harry Potter, hands down! I've loved the books since they came out when I was in 5th or 6th grade, and Hogwarts has always seemed like it would be such a great place to live, like a dream land.

8. What is your super power?
Apparently I have a super sniffer! I've been told I smell things that others don't smell. Not always the best superpower to have...

9. What tattoo do you have or wish you could get?
I've got 8, so I won't list them all here...but one I really want to get is something Halloween-inspired. I've been wanting a creepy tree scene with moonlight, owls, pumpkins..tastefully done of course. But that will have to wait until I have more money.

10. What is your favorite tongue twister?
Peter Piper....that one.

11.What supposedly cute thing do you find really creepy?
Toddlers in Tiaras...or baby dolls. Hate them.



My 11 Questions:
1. How did you get into nail art?
2. What is your favorite manicure of yours so far? (please include photo)
3. If you could have any polish, what would it be?
4. Favorite polish brand?
5. Ultimate dream job?
6. Favorite animal and why?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. What is one thing that you are really particular or picky about?
9. Where do you get inspiration for your nails?
10. What place (country, city, etc) would you most like to visit and why?
11. Why do you do nail blogging? In other words, what do you get out of it or hope to get out of it?



My 11 Tagged:
1. http://nailofthisweek.blogspot.com/
2. http://nailsbydiana.blogspot.com/
3. http://delightinnails.blogspot.com/
4. http://xoxoalexisleigh.blogspot.com/
5. http://mynaildiaries.blogspot.com/
6. http://vaniliamamor.blogspot.ro
7. http://girlonashoestring.blogspot.com/
8. http://thecherylflavour.blogspot.sg/
9. http://poliship.blogspot.com/
10. http://myempresschrisnails.blogspot.com/
11. http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.com/

That's it! Hopefully these ladies are as excited as I am to be tagged for this award :D

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I love video games too! I'm playing Skyrim right now as well, and just thought I would share. Sometimes I think I'm the only somewhat girly-girl who also does stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3