Monday, August 13, 2012

Geek Nail Challenge - TV and Movies (Sea Shepherd)

Hey there everyone!! Tonight I am super excited to share my first contribution to the Geek Nail Challenge created by Sophia at Girl on a Shoestring!



When I read about this challenge, I had tons of ideas for this week (TV and movies) because I have an unhealthy obsession with both! I had most ideas for TV shows that I love though so I think I'm going to stick with that. I wasn't able to participate in the first week because we were on vacation last week! SO, I am going to make up for that a bit by posting several manis this week, and the first one: my Sea Shepherd mani, inspired by the TV show Whale Wars!
On my thumb and middle finger, I attempted to recreate the Sea Shepherd logo, which looks like this:


And the chevron colors were inspired by the new paint jobs on the boats. The pattern on the boats is not really chevron but it's always reminded me of one, so I thought it would translate into a great mani. Here's one of the boats to give you an idea if you haven't seen them:


And here are the nails!




I debated on using this mani for the last week because animal rights, etc are one of the things I kind of geek out about, but I wanted to do it today. I ended up LOVING this color combo and for my first attempt at Chevron, I think it turned out really great! A rare thing happened - I actually painted my other hand to match the left one, and I have a ten finger matching mani currently haha! I like it because it's pretty, fun, and different, yet still work appropriate. Well that's it for me tonight, I'm off to bed, but I've got another TV mani to share tomorrow so stay tuned ;] and be sure to check out what the other "geeks" have created :D Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Great job and I also like this color combo. I have watched the show before. I believe we should all do our part to protect animals. Even if its something as small as your mani that might make someone ask a question or look up and learn about what the "Sea Shepherd" does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I didn't intend this mani to be a political statement or anything but I also posted it on reddit and I got some negative comments so it's great to hear a positive one :] And I love that outlook - every little bit counts, even a small mani :]

      Delete
  2. It turned out awesome! Love the chevron colors and the accent nails are so cool! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3