Thursday, August 16, 2012

Geek Nail Challenge - TV #3 (The Walking Dead)

I present to you my third TV-inspired mani which is a representation of one of my FAVORITE TV shows - The Walking Dead! I have loved this show since it premiered on Halloween two years (I think) ago! It's one of the few shows that I must catch every week, on time, when it's on. Well, here's my zombie inspired mani!


Obviously, I got a little theatrical with that positioning. I also didn't clean up and left the mani sloppy because it was more zombie-esque that way ;] Here's a closer shot, with flash to really show all the colors.



I really ended up liking how this turned out! For a base, I did two coats of a Daring Imaginations Vampire Red that came with a Halloween costume once, haha, to represent blood. Then I painted one thick coat of Orly Decades of Dysfunction and sponged some of that off so the blood showed underneath. I repeated that one more time. Then, I lightly sponged on a bit of Zoya - Yara to add that greenish tint. Finally - and this was my mistake - I put on a matte topcoat and it smoothed everything over too much, the cool decay-like texture was gone. I tried to recreate it the next morning just sponging a bit of NYC Matte topcoat over it randomly:


Not bad, but I did miss my Seche Vite! As you can see, it chipped before I could even get a picture of it. Oh well. What do you think? And don't forget to check out the other bloggers!

Kelly


4 comments:

  1. It looks really cool without it being cleaned up! Love it!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out...

    http://carolinesnails.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. THIS. IS. SICK. You're amazing <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3