Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall into Autumn Challenge: Day 3 - School Spirit!

For Day 3 of the FiA Challenge, the theme is school spirit! I've been to three total schools in my life (well, I count my elementary school and high school as one because it was the same district, just a different building) and all of them have totally different colors and mascots. My most recent school was University of Dayton, where I went for my MA in Clinical Psych and I hate the school colors (red, white and blue). I went to Gannon University for my undergrad studies, and the colors were maroon and gold, which is better but I didn't want to do that either, lol. Ultimately, I went with the school I spent the most time at - my elementary/high school.
Here is my mani representing Sharon Tigers! :]



I used Rimmel Lasting Finish Black Satin and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Heat Flash for these designs. I used a black Stripe Rite nail art brush for the black tiger stripes, but I don't have an orange one so I just used another striping brush and dipped it in the Heat Flash for the orange stripes. For the paw prints, I used the tip of the nail brush for the big part and bobby pins for the smaller dots.



Hope you guys like my school spirit nails! Check out the other participants in the challenge :]

Kelly

15 comments:

  1. OOOOO AHHHHH I love this Kelly really nice!! Oh and guess what??? You have 50 followers holy shiznazz!!!! Yay!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you dear! And yesss, the giveaway is finally up - I'm SO excited! <3

      Delete
  2. this is amazing! you can really feel the school spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do still have a special place in my heart for my high school! :]

      Delete
  3. Wow these are totally amazing!! I love the stripes and the paw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! I love the colors you used and how you did a little bit different design on each nail. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them !! Looks so cool! Especially because you did different designs on each nail ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I liked that too! I'm always too indecisive to pick one design, lol!

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3