Sunday, September 16, 2012

Zoya Zuza with Floral Stamping

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend! I've been spending it with my boyfriend's family so that's been great - I've loved having a couple days where I didn't have to worry about work or responsibilities. Plus, we got to go to the fair in his county so I ate about a million delicious calories of fair food. :] Anyway, today I'm sharing with you a mani I did a couple weeks ago but never got the chance to post - it was my second successful attempt at stamping.

First I did 2 coats of Zoya Zuza - this was my first try with this color and I fell in love! It was so much more opaque than I thought it would be and what a gorgeous color! I had to get a couple swatches of it before the stamping, even if it was pre-cleanup.



For the stamping design, I used one of the Bundle Monster plates (can't remember which one right now) and Wet n Wild Black Creme for the flowers. I've found that this polish is surprisingly great for stamping, especially considering they cost 97 cents for a bottle, and sometimes they are on sale for 67 cents at Walgreens!


Another picture for good measure! I was pretty happy with it. I still need tons of practice with lining it up (I can't get those French Tip style stamps right for the life of me) but definitely seeing improvement! :]


Hope you guys like it! And don't forget about my giveaway going on right now! You can enter here!

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I've been seeing Zoya Zuza EVERYWHERE and it's just gorgeous! You picked a really nice stamp too =D I can never get my stamping to look this good, well done <3 You give me hope haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sharra, glad you like it! Honestly, I failed with stamping miserably time after time until I tried Bundle Monster, an old gift card instead of the metal scraper, and cheap Wet n Wild polish lol. Don't give up! :]

      Delete
  2. I love your base color Zuza is stunning and the stamping is pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favs! It stained for me, not sure if that happened to you or not. I love it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani! I don't remember any issues with staining, but I usually load up on basecoat so I'm usually pretty okay! I would still wear it anyway too :}

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3