Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quick swatch post: Layla Flash Black and NOPI Khloe...

Hey guys! Just a quick post tonight because I'm really trying to get caught up - I've got so many posts/swatches/nail arts lined up that I am starting to get overwhelmed :p

So here are a couple of new polishes I tried recently. The first, Layla in Flash Black is my first ever holo! Every time I went to Ulta, I would pick up these pretties and marvel at them...then put them back down because they are $15 a piece. But one day, I was with a friend, and thought - why not?? I picked up Flash Black because it's my favorite of all the colors - I even picked up the "special" nail buffer, which I learned later I didn't actually need. Anyways - here are the total THREE pictures I took of this polish.

In shade:



AND in direct sunlight:




Yes, it's gorgeous - it's like little mini rainbows all over each nail. But, is it worth all the trouble? I'm not so sure. Reviews I've read have suggested you not use base coat or top coat with this polish. It was extremely streaky, and I've read that base coat makes that even worse. I ended up having to use a coat of SV because it was chipping significantly within the first 10 minutes of wear. And it still chipped after one night at work.

So, overall, the formula was sorta nightmareish, the wear-time was extremely short, but the results were gorgeous...so would I buy it again? Most likely, but I will be topping with two coats of SV next time, and I might try using a base coat even though other bloggers have advised against it.

Next is a polish that has many more positive qualities for me to list, and it was one that I did not expect to love this much! It's Nicole by OPI - Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam. Don't get me wrong, in the bottle I thought it was a pretty color, but on the nail it was just absolutely stunning!


Khloe is a gorgeous deep green with a teal tone to it. To me, it felt elegant and eye-catching at the same time. It felt like something that would be both work-appropriate and glamourous enough for a night out.


I wore this to work and I could not stop staring at my nails! The juicy, glossy finish was perfect. Formula applied perfectly in two smooth, easy coats. I have a couple other NOPI polishes from the Kardashian collection, but this one is by far, my favorite.

Have a good night everyone!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3