Saturday, September 22, 2012

Peacock Gradient

Hey loves! I've just got a quick post tonight since it's my day off and I want to get back to my relaxing! I've got a fall-scented candle burning with the windows open and hot apple cider - what a perfect evening :]

Anyways, today what I have for you is my attempt to recreate a mani I saw at The Polished Perfectionist. Actually, I think I found it on Pinterest, but that's the original source. Mine didn't turn out quite so good, but I still like it. I used Pure Ice Not Now, Orly Sweet Peacock, Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, and Revlon Copper Penny.


I painted my nails with Not Now, the greenish shade first, and then I sponged on Sweet Peacock and Buffy. I topped it off with a coat of SV, then I attempted the stamping using Copper Penny and BM-212. I finished it off with another coat of SV.


This was really stunning in person, but I had a hard time capturing the gradient in photos - the purple just does not want to show up! I had a resident actually grab my hands when I had this on and demand to know how I did it, haha. Here's an angled shot that kind of shows the different colors!


My stamp didn't show up very well and I smudged it a bit, but I still thought it looked cool :]

And one last picture, a close up!


That's it for tonight - hope you like my take on Peacock nails! I've been swatching all day so I'll have another indie review post tomorrow for you guys. Have a great Saturday!

Kelly

8 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome colour combination! I'm going to have to amp up my search for Orly's so I can try this too =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharra! And good luck finding the Orlys - it's one of my favorite brands so far! :D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful peacock colors I love it!! You stamping looks lovely, too! It looks professional Kelly!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a sharp look! I freaking love peacock colors especially when they are done as metallics. I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maris! I love these colors together too - and it's super easy to recreate :]

      Delete
  4. I really love this- your gradient is blended so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Plus, my favorite animal is the peacock, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3