Tuesday, September 25, 2012

They are FINALLY here!!! Orly Halloween Collection! (pic heavy)

I'll admit it. I have been DYING to try Orly's Halloween polishes since I saw RIP on Scrangie's page here. So I've been stalking my local Sally's and annoying the ladies there ever since. Then, last night - it happened. I went to a different Sally's after my boyfriend and I had dinner, and THERE THEY WERE. I snatched them all up and swatched as soon as we got home! I'm totally in love with this polishes, and I had to share them with you guys.

Just look at this gorgeousness!

L to R: R.I.P., Right Amount of Evil, Monster Mash

R.I.P., Right Amount of Evil, Monster Mash

I've been thinking that Orly is my favorite brand so far, but these confirmed it. I couldn't even pick a favorite, they are both so awesome. Here are my swatches!

First up is Right Amount of Evil. It's got an sheer orange jellyish base, and it's packed with holographic gold hexes of different sizes, as well as tiny holographic bars.

In the following photos, I used two coats of Right Amount of Evil over Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Heat Flash. My accent is 2 coats of R.I.P. over Sinful Colors Black on Black.




Right Amount of Evil is fairly buildable, especially with how dense the glitter is, but if you don't like VNL, I recommend layering. The same goes for R.I.P. I really think it adds something when layered over black, but it gets pretty opaque on its own. It's a black jelly with orange/coppery hexes of different sizes.

Here's some macro shots of the polish on the nail.

Orly Right Amount of Evil

Orly R.I.P.

Next up is Monster Mash. It's a lime green jelly with green hexes of different sizes and tiny holographic bars. I think in certain lights the bars look like monster fur! ;] I layered two coats of Monster Mash over Sally Hansen Limestone. 

I took a ton of pictures of this one, because I love it so much! Sorry in advance for the pic spam ;]


The holographic-ness (yes I made that up) of the glitters really shows up in certain lights! I love it!


Here's a blurry shot so you can really see the holographic glitter!




And a macro shot of the nail - I love the texture of the hexes - you can't see that IRL.


And, last but not least, a couple shots of both hands together. I think I'll be wearing these as long as possible <3



All three of these formulas were great. I had no issues with curling, clumping etc. I topped all of these with a coat of Gelous and a coat of SV, but I probably didn't need the Gelous. These glitters didn't seem all that thirsty, but I find the life of my manis are extended when I use both!

The Orly Halloween collection retails for $8.99 for 16 mL at Sally's, but for some reason they rung up $7.99 each for me (I wasn't complaining)!

What do you think?? Which is your favorite? Will you be picking up any of these polishes? Let me know below! <3


Kelly

15 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!!!! The colors are amazing!!!!! :)
    http://polishednailart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm obsessed with these colors, I never want to take them off!

      Delete
  2. Wow they're all lovely. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tintin!! I was so happy, I probably looked like a crazy person in Sally's!

      Delete
  3. Yay!!!!! I'm so glad I bought 2 of them!! But now these pictures REALLY make me wish I had purchased the orange one. :P Beautiful swatches Kelly! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! I went in only planning to get the black and green, but the orange jumped out at me too! :]

      Delete
  4. Orly RIP is to die for! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect for Halloween! R.I.P. is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I totally agree! R.I.P. looks to me like Halloween in a bottle :]

      Delete
  6. These are perfect for Halloween. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3