Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Birthday Nails

Good morning everyone! Let me start off by saying the post title is misleading - it isn't my birthday! But, it WAS - a little over a month ago, lol. I turned 25! I apparently forgot to post these, and I found them on my computer and felt that they still deserve sharing. I absolutely LOVED how these nails turned out - I had enlisted help from the lovely ladies on Random Acts of Polish, because I wanted something special for my birthday nails, and they did not disappoint. I ended up combining a couple ideas they threw out, and came up with this:


I used: Manglaze Matte is Murder for the base, about a million random colors for the dots, and Pure Ice Sexy Mama for the glitter topper. I topcoated it to make sure it lasted through my birthday weekend, but I fully intended to mattify it - because I LOVE Matte is Murder in it's true form! :)



And here it is after using Butter London Matte Topcoat! I just LOVE chunky glitters mattified!




Close up of my thumb:


What do you think of my birthday nails?? Tell me about some manis that you've worn for your birthdays!
<3


Kelly

7 comments:

  1. These nails are so pretty!!!! Love the matte top coat as well... Happy Belated Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute! Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow these are so amazing! I love the bling of the glitter and the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love that matte glitter! <333 Happy belated birthdayyy =)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3