Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mentality - Seduce and Tease swatches

Good afternoon everyone! Today I've got some swatches that are long overdue. Mentality has quickly become one of my favorite indie makers of this year, with their amazing customer service, super affordable prices, and of course their quality polishes! Today I have two of their stunning holos from the Precious Holo Collection, Seduce and Tease.

Seduce is described on the website as: "a radiant blue holographic polish with dark red accent flecks."


These photos do NOT do this polish justice! The holo was super strong, just look at it in the bottle!


I hurried up and put this polish on when I saw it was sunny on this day, and unfortunately in my haste I got some bubbles. I blame it either on user error, and not letting the layers dry completely in between, or the topcoat I used - it's not the fault of the polish itself! These photos were taken indoors, in direct sunlight, and they show 3 coats of Seduce with Out the Door topcoat. I'll have to do a review on this topcoat soon - I kind of hated it...more on that later.




Here's a blurry shot that really shows the holo! DROOL.


And now we have Tease! 
"Tease is a delicate purple holographic polish with bright blue accent flecks."


Again, this is 3 coats of Tease, but 2 would have been fine. I wanted to make sure I had absolutely no bald spots or VNL - I hate that! I used SV on this hand because I hated OTD so much. I didn't notice that the topcoat took away from the holo effect at all! These photos were taken outside, in direct sunlight.





Both of these .5 oz polishes retail for $8 SHIPPED. Yes, shipped. I love that about Mentality - their shipping is included right in the price of the polish. They use all recycled shipping materials to save on shipping costs so they can provide affordable products to customers - how great is that!? I also love that they don't play into all that restock madness - their store remains stocked, all the time. And be on the lookout for more swatches from me...as I'm typing this, I'm putting in another order haha! Mentality just came out with an amazing line of both matte and sparkly microglitters, and 3 dark, vampy holos, and I could not resist! Not to mention, they currently have 24K Gold and 12K White Gold topcoats in their shop. If you haven't already, be sure to check them out - you'll be glad you did. :)

Mentality on Big Cartel
Mentality on Etsy
Mentality on Facebook

<3
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I understand the excitement of new polishes ;) I had a heck of a time the first time I used the gold top coat for a similar reason. Ended up with air bubbles everywhere, and chose the wrong color to layer it over. Looked like poo lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!! unos tonos preciosos, el azul es hermoso, en especial para primavera me encanta!

    Un besito desde  ❤sɔıʇǝɯsoɔƃuıʌol❤
    He creado mi primer reto de manicuras, si quieres, tú puedes apuntarte!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3