Sunday, January 13, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness Time Traveler Collection

Hello hello! Today I've got my picks from Nail Pattern Boldness Time Traveler Collection - inspired by Doctor Who! Now let me start off by saying my boyfriend was just as excited about this collection as I was - maybe more so. I, of course, thought the polishes were gorgeous but the boyfriend is a HUGE fan of the show, and he loved seeing how the names fit the polishes lol. I like the show too, just not obsessive like he is. But I did appreciate each of these polishes - I thought they were perfectly named and very unique!





First up is Oodiful! It's a grey jelly with matte glitters in pink and white. This polish is named after the Ood in Doctor Who. They're the creepy-looking aliens, who are mostly peaceful but look like they have intestines on their faces. The following swatches are 3 coats of Oodiful with no undies, topped with 1 coat of SV. The glitters lay completely flat after the SV! :)

Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful
Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful
Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful
Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful
Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful
Next up is Hello Sweetie. I LOVE this polish!! It is inspired by River Song, as she frequently addresses the Doctor with, "Hello, Sweetie." It's got a purpleish, almost berry jelly base, with metallic glitters in copper, black and red. The following swatches are 3 coats of Hello Sweetie with no undies, and topped with one coat of SV. Again, I had no issues with formula, and no problems with the glitters laying flat after the coat of SV.

Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
Nail Pattern Boldness Hello Sweetie
This last one was the troublemaker of the bunch! This is Slow Invasion. I was MOST excited about this one, because I really liked this episode. There was a "slow invasion" of these strange little cubes - well, I don't want to give too much away, but the premise is actually pretty creepy if you think about it. Anyway, the polish is a gorgeous teal jelly base and it's packed full of "cubes" in different sizes and colors. Here was my issue with this polish: I did notice some of the colors of the larger squares curling a bit. It was really nothing I couldn't smooth out with a couple coats of SV, but I let Allison know and she sent me a replacement right away! Talk about amazing customer service. I will post swatches of the replacement soon to see how they compare :)  Regardless of that issue, this polish is stunning. I love all the colors - it looks like a ready-made jelly sandwich! The swatches show 3 coats of Slow Invasion with no undies, with 2 coats of SV.

Nail Pattern Boldness Slow Invasion
Nail Pattern Boldness Slow Invasion
Nail Pattern Boldness Slow Invasion
Nail Pattern Boldness Slow Invasion
Nail Pattern Boldness Slow Invasion
Overall, despite the one issue I had with Slow Invasion, the formulas were great and the color combinations were beautiful! I would definitely recommend NPB :) Oh, and check back soon for my review of Glitter Food - it's an absolute necessity!
Nail Pattern Boldness polishes retail for $9.00 for a full-size bottle (except for The Tin Man - silver flake topcoat which is $10, and Glitter Food, which is $8).

Nail Pattern Boldness on Etsy
Nail Pattern Boldness on Facebook
Nail Pattern Boldness on Llarowe
Nail Pattern Boldness blog

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think! <3
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. I love all three of these! They are so gorgeous...great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow Invasion is my fave out of the bunch !! These are all gorgeous though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oodiful looks delicious! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love all of these but I think the first one is my favorite! I'm a sucker for anything gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh, how did I not know this collection existed?! I love Doctor Who!! These are all gorgeous, I really love Hello Sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these!
    and love doctor who!
    I really really really need all of these!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Oodiful and Slow Invasion from the presale, but this makes me wish I had ordered Hello Sweetie too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3