Thursday, January 3, 2013

365 Days of Color - Santa Baby & I Stole Christmas plus bonus makeup looks!

Okay, okay. I know - Christmas is over! But I haven't had a chance to show you one of my Christmas manis until now. I also wanted to show you all my Face of the Day from Christmas Eve! This is the first time I've shown a makeup look, so be nice, okay? :)
First, the polishes. I was clearly kidding myself when I did this mani thinking it would make it 'til Christmas. I did it on the 22nd before I was heading home to Pennsylvania, and I don't even think it lasted one full day!! Haha, my nail problem has gotten bad, I RARELY wear a mani for more than 24 hours max.
But, it is really pretty and deserves showcasing.

365 Days of Color - Santa Baby & I Stole Christmas
For most of the nails I used OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress (2 coats), followed by 2 coats of 365 Days of Color Santa Baby. The scent in this polish is incredible! While I couldn't figure out exactly what it was, it's very pleasant and not at all overpowering. When I asked Sunny, she said it was supposed to be candy cane scented, but for some odd reason, people are noticing a cherry scent as well - and I totally agree! It smells like mint and cherry - yum! The accent nail is 2 coats of 365 DOC I Stole Christmas over China Glaze Glittering Garland. I Stole Christmas sort of reminds me of Shine of the Times, but in a green jelly base - very cool! :)

365 Days of Color Santa Baby and I Stole Christmas
365 Days of Color Santa Baby and I Stole Christmas
I loved this mani for Christmas! And I love Santa Baby so much, I even think it could work for Valentine's Day. I should have showed it to you by itself - it's a fairly sheer jelly, but there's lots it could be layered over!

And now, as a bonus - my eye and face of the day from Christmas Eve. I wanted to do something different than my usual plain eyeliner and mascara look (I'm not big on makeup and I have no idea what I'm doing). So here's what I came up with for the holiday!

Eye of the day from Christmas Eve
This next one is a bit out of focus, but I wanted to show how in a different light, the colors of the eyeshadows look a bit different!
Eye of the day from Christmas Eve
I used a few different shades of gold and reddish orange from a cheap little palette I got at Walgreen's last year. I used the darker reddish shades toward my eyelash-line, and blended it with lighter shades of gold as I went up toward the brow. Then just some regular old mascara to complete the look!

Here's the end result! I thought the colors of the makeup look I did tied in well with my hair, glasses, and dress - lots of reds and golds!


Well, that's it for me tonight - please do let me know what you think of the nails and makeup! Thanks for reading - and don't forget to enter my 300 Follower Giveaway! Only a week left :)

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. I love both! Santa Baby is one of my favorite holiday songs and the np is on par with it - beautiful!! Your look is gorgeous, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reaaaaaaalllllllly love those nails - they are stunning! And your makeup looks gorgeous! I love the shimmery eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails and make up are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3