Saturday, January 26, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 9 - Snowmen

Good evening lovelies! Hope your weekend has been a great one so far :) Today I've got the 9th post for the Let it Snow Challenge, and the theme is Snowmen! I found a great inspiration mani done by the wonderful Theodora at Red Hair and Black Nail Polish, and decided to try to recreate it. It's so cute! Here's Theodora's Snowman Love nails (the picture is a link to the post):


And here's my version!



Those first two photos were taken on my phone so I could use the flash. For some reason, the flash on my camera is always too bright no matter how much I mess with the settings. The rest of these are in artificial light with no flash.




I used a base of Revlon Dreamer topped with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper (to look like snow). Glass Slipper was hard to see in most of these photos, but you can pick it up in the ones with flash. It's actually really pretty and delicate looking! I used a variation of dotting tools, striping brushes and art brushes to make the snowman/snowwoman and the heart, and a dotting tool for the "snow" on my thumb and pinky. Topped off with a coat of HK Girl. :)

So what do you think of my Snow Couple? I thought they were adorable, and definitely a slightly different take on the traditional snowman mani. I'd love to hear your thoughts below! <3

Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3