Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 7 - Fireside Glow

Hey guys - Happy Saturday! I'm back today with another mani for the Let it Snow Challenge - today's theme is Fireside Glow. 
Honestly, my first thought for this theme was to do a gradient...but I just did one for last week's challenge, so  I don't wanna OD on 'em. So, I headed to Google Image Search for inspiration and found the following two images, and kinda combined them for my nails today.

Firey gradient by Goose's Glitter (picture is a link)
Girl on Fire nails by Kelsie's Nail Files (picture is a link)
So, considering the fact that I didn't have the exact colors and had to make do with what I had, here's what I came up with!
Fireside Glow nails
I used: Revlon Saucy for the base of most nails, then sponged on Zoya Rica, making sure to sponge more on the tips and less as I went up (well, Hell - I ended up gradient-ing anyway!). My accent nails are ONE COAT of Rimmel Black Satin - yes, it's gorgeous and glossy and totally opaque in one coat - then I painted the flames with a white striping brush. I then went back in used a red striping brush to outline the flame shape, then I attempted to fill it in using Essence Gold Fever. I topped everything off with a coat of Poshe (which I LOVE)!
Fireside Glow nails
Fireside Glow nails in shade
Fireside Glow nails
What do you think? Do you get the image of a glowing, sparking fire? I hope so! Please let me know your thoughts below, and be sure to check out the other girls' posts!

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And Hello from one Ohio gal to another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that is a good way to use Gold Fever! Yours look fantastic, I hope mine turn out half so good =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I love the colors you used for the fire art! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3