Saturday, January 19, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Day 8 - Icicles

Hello hello! Happy Saturday! I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, I've been relaxing and spending time with the boyfriend, so I"m happy. :) Today I have my 8th mani in the Let it Snow Challenge - this week's theme is Icicles. Here's what I came up with!


I was searching for inspiration on Google Images (this is becoming a theme), and I found these lovely nails done by Top Coat It. Click the photo to see the full post!


So, I definitely wanted to do these, but I wanted to spice them up just a bit. I decided to use a darker base, and I settled on Sinful Colors . It's a blackened shimmery teal blue that reminded me of the night sky. I was searching through my Helmers for a snowy-looking polish (but trying desperately to avoid using DP You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, Kid again) and I spotted this Studio M polish called Covered in Diamonds. In the bottle, it looks like snow. On the nail....well, it didn't really turn out as planned. You can see what I mean...


I should have realized flakies are never what they initially seem, haha...oh, well - use your imagination! It's rainbow snow. :) Anyway, then I just painted on the icicles using a white striping brush, and topped with a coat of HK Girl. Oh, and by the way, when editing, I noticed a stray bristle from my cleanup brush stuck to my middle finger, so I tried to cover that with the watermark, lol.


Here they are flipped "right" side up!



I really loved how these turned out!! I wasn't that excited about the theme this week, but then I surprised myself. :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on these below! And don't forget to check out everyone else's take on icicles.

Kelly


2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3