Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pokemon Challenge: PokeBalls

Hello my loves! Today I have something I'm so excited to share with you! I have decided to join another challenge group - it's going to be tough keeping up with two while still catching up with reviews and swatches, but I couldn't resist this one. It's Pokemon themed!! Not sure if I've mentioned it here, but I would classify myself as a huge nerd! I have been playing Pokemon since it came out (I think I was 9 at the time) and still do to this day. I got Black 2 for Christmas :)
Anyway, one of my favorite nail blogger friends (possibly soulmates, as she's mentioned) Sharra of The Blahg and a couple other ladies that I'm not sure I knew before but I CERTAINLY do now, came up with this idea and I was sold. Here's the Challenge:


For our intro post, the theme was Pokeballs, and Week 1 of the challenge starts this week I believe. I jumped in late so I'm a bit behind but I'm going to try to keep up best I can!

For my pokeball nails, I have already violated the challenge rules, lol. We are sticking to Gen1 pokemon, but I had done pokeball nails before, and I really wanted to try something different. So I did use a fewer newer pokeballs just for some color and variety. BUT - I promise to stick to Gen1 for the rest of the challenge! :)
Here's a photo I found on Google Images of all the pokeballs and I circled the ones I would be doing. 


And here is my interpretation on the nails:

Thumb to pinky: Net Ball, Repeat Ball, Love Ball, Ultra Ball, and Friend Ball! :) I used a bunch of different colors, so I'm not sure what they are anymore, but if someone is interested, I'll figure it out and list them.

Close up of the Net Ball


And of course, I had to take some photos with my DS as a prop! I didn't have a cool pokeball to hold like the other girls, but I worked with what I had :)



I loved these nails, and I got so many compliments on them at work, even from people who didn't know what they were haha! I'm definitely SUPER excited to get this challenge going, and see what awesome designs we can all come up with! :)

Check out the other girls' pokeball nails below, and if you're interested in joining in, head over to the Facebook group! :)

Kelly


4 comments:

  1. YAY SOULMATES <3 You're not behind at all so don't worry so much! And I'm going to have to change the time on that inlinkz. I want people to keep joining, it needs to go WAY longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaamazing! I love them! You did such an awesome job on them and I like that you did different balls for each nail.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3