Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Animals #1 (Cats)

Hello everyone! Well, here we are at the end of the month, so you know the drill by now - I've got my Nail Challenge Collaborative looks for you - better late than never, as usual! :)

This month's theme was animals and I was super excited about that! The only problem was narrowing down which 4 animals I wanted to recreate, there were so many ideas floating around in my head. 
I decided to start off this theme with something simple, an animal that is very close to my heart - black cats! I am a proud crazy cat lady and I have a beautiful black kitty named Trixie, so I was excited to recreate her likeness on my nails! :)


I saw a mani like his on a Google search, but it was MUCH more realistic and I wasn't sure I could do that, so I chose to make my little peeking kittens a bit more cartoonish. I think they turned out really cute! I had the hardest time trying to find a color that matched Trixie's eyes, so I ended up going with OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, because even though Trixie's eyes are gold, they have green rings in the middle, so I figured Just Spotted the Lizard was a fun mix of the two!


I painted on the black cat tips over base coated nails, but the accent color I chose almost matched my naked nail color, so you can't tell lol! I used Loreal Doutzen's Nude for the accent, which is one of the polishes I got the other week at Rite Aid on clearance for 1.49! I loved these neutral shades, they're perfect for work.


What do you think of my black cat nails? I thought they were super cute, and reminded me of Trixie every time I looked at them at work! :)

Don't forget to check out the other ladies' animal-inspired looks for Week 1!

Kelly


2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3