Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day Challenge: Roses

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday! Today was my second day of my new job, and I am LOVING it! I'm so happy and in a great mood, even though while I'm training, I'm on first shift hours and am struggling with that haha.

Today, I've got the next nail art look for the Valentine's Day Challenge! The theme is Roses.


I started out with a Valentine's colored gradient - pink to red. I used Zoya Dot, Sinful Colors Pink Forever, and Zoya Sooki. I added a coat of HK Girl topcoat before stamping using Sinful Colors Black on Black, and a variety of plates, including MoYou Mother Nature for the outside two nails. I can't recall the middle two at the moment, but I know one is Bundle Monster.


I tried a new technique at stamping this time, after reading something online. Instead of rolling the stamp over my nail, I pushed my nail straight down into the stamp. I did get a fuller image transfer, but I don't like the way the polish spread out and is patchy in places. I think I'll go back to rolling :)


I loved how this gradient looked! I think the black stamped images over it came out really striking. I love the variety of all the different roses. I loved them all, so I just decided, why choose just one? :)


Overall, I thought this was a really fun and cute look for this day's theme! And, it was super easy. :)

Be sure to check out the other ladies' looks at the links below. Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly


2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3