Friday, February 27, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Animals #3 (Sloths)

Hi loves, I've got another fun animal look for you today! As soon as I heard that this month's theme would be animals, I knew I had to try my favorite animal - a sloth! 

I don't know when I fell in love with sloths. It was sometime during grad school when my friends and I realized how lazy and sloth-like we were during the weekends after being mega-stressed all week with school. At some point, there was a sloth documentary on Animal Planet and we all fell in love with the sickly baby sloths wearing onesies. It was history from there! I still want a sloth. My dream vacation would be to visit that sloth sanctuary in Costa Rica!

Anyway, here is my sloth mani! :)


This was another mani idea I borrowed from Google image search. It's great for inspiration when you have a vague idea of what you want to do (i.e. animals). I used Essie Yogaga for the base on the first two nails and the sloth body on the pinky. The green is Zoya Josie, the brown on the eyes is China Glaze Mahogany Magic, and the white is Sinful Colors Snow Me White.


I wasn't super thrilled with how this turned out, the nail art I used as inspiration looked much better. I think they're cute, but it's one of those practice makes perfect looks. If I tried it again, I'm convinced my sloth faces would look less derpy haha. It's still cute though! :)


What do you think of this look? I think I could have executed it better but I still love it better because SLOTHS! <3

Be sure to check out everyone else's Week 3 look below!

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly


1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3