Saturday, February 28, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Animals #4 (Hippos!)

Hey everyone, happy Saturday! I've got my fourth animal-themed look since today is the last day of the month. So, yet again, I made it in just under the wire! :) 

I saved my favorite animal look for last. I found the inspiration on a Google search and I fell in love with the idea...and I think it came out so adorable! Have a look at my hippo nails! :)


The inspiration mani I saw used just one color, but I wanted to add a bit more variety. These remind me of Hungry Hungry Hippos haha! I just love their big googly eyes, they're so cute!


These were actually super easy to do. I forgot to note which colors I used, but I know I used all Sinful Colors, and you really could do any colors. You just need 4 basic colors, a light and dark version of each, and then black and white. I just used the brush that came in the polish bottle, and a dotting tool for the smaller dots. I topped it off with HK Girl. :)


I got a lot of compliments on these! I wore them for several days, I really didn't want to take them off to do my next animal mani lol. I don't have a particular affinity for hippos, but these nails made me like them a lot more!


I have really enjoyed this month's theme, it's been a lot of fun! I think everyone has come up with some awesome ideas, and it's been really cool to see all the creativity.

Don't forget to go and see what everyone else created for this last look, and check back to see next month's theme - Inspired by Fashion!

Thanks for looking! <3
Kelly


1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3